ISO 50001 : 2011 Energy Management Systems was released by International Organization for Standardization in June 2011. It specifies a standard for improving energy efficiency of an Organization by achieving continual improvement in it's energy usage.
[Our latest post - Can Energy Conservation help in mitigating Global Warming?]
ISO 50001 offers a systematic approach for Energy management within an Organization. While Energy Audit which is certainly beneficial to a single unit or plant or office in saving energy, the ISO 50001 framework works across the Organization. It may still be required to audit individual plants or facilities as part of the policy framework developed for an Organization.
It provides a framework of requirements for Organizations to :
- Develop a policy to improve energy efficiency
- Set targets and objectives
- Carry out energy audit
- Measure results
- Review policy
- Ensure continual improvement in energy efficiency
- Ensure optimum energy usage and thereby reduce cost across its manufacturing facilities, offices, warehouses etc.
- Improve its competitiveness by ensuring optimum cost of production as energy forms a sizable part of input cost.
- Improve it's image by projecting itself as an environmental conscious Company.
- Ensures uniformity in approach and better output through individual contribution for Energy Efficiency.
Enerco Energy Solutions LLP offers variety of solutions and services mainly in the Energy and Safety domain for Industrial plants. Our latest offering is 100% Funded Solar Energy and Energy Conservation projects on BOOT and ESCO basis.
Services include Energy Audit (Electrical and Thermal), ISO 50001 - Consulting, Implementation and Training, Solar Power - Consulting, Training and Project Execution., please drop us a mail to email@example.com or get in touch with us through our Contact Us form.