As a matter of fact every Industrial Plant or a Commercial Facility - however efficiently run will have scope for Energy Saving. There are various reasons for the same -
- Dynamic Changes - every plant / facility undergoes some changes (expansion / addition / removal) over a period of time and the overall energy consumption and trends may change because of this.
- Emergence of Advanced Technology Equipment and Retrofit which save significant energy due to efficient running.
- Critical Assessment including Advanced Thermography for Thermal Energy Audit and Power Quality Check (especially for Harmonics) for Electrical Energy Audit.
- Not having a dedicated Energy Cell to monitor and report Energy usage and suggest corrective actions for the same. Many Industrial Plants still rely on Production or Maintenance Teams for the same. Energy Cell is especially recommended for Industrial Plants and specifically for Energy-intensive Industries.
- Ageing of Equipment.
- Lack of awareness regarding energy saving potential of the plant or about Energy Audit in general with specific plant related inputs.
- Not undergoing an Energy Audit. Even for the plants having a dedicated Energy Cell or a Energy Manager - an Energy Audit will prove fruitful. This is because an Energy Audit from a vendor brings in experts from diverse Industries who are dedicated towards achieving results in this domain.
- Plant People focus on their primary responsibility. For instance a department HOD may focus only on the domain maintenance and improvements in the particular domain which maybe viewed in isolation. An Energy Audit looks at holistic picture to suggest improvements in the plant.
- Although plant people are highly capable there might be times that simpler measures such as operational efficiency may be overlooked- which may deteriorate over a period of time.
- Improper maintenance for short-term gains.
- Cross-Industrial and Cross-Domain Experience which may not be found within any single plant but may certainly be found in a single Service Provider.
It may be worthwhile to mention that the exercise bears results for Industries having either a load of above 400 kVA or good Steam Consumption & Boilers. In case a Plant or Facility has both - then a periodic Energy Audit is highly recommended. The frequency of audit may differ from plant to plant and is typically once in 2 years for detailed energy audit. In addition to this a walk-through audit twice a year ensures that Recommendations are implemented and momentum is kept strong. This also ensures that Energy Conservation and Energy Efficiency becomes a way of life in the plant and taps the potentials at grass-root level.
For any further information on Energy Audit or Energy Optimization Exercise you may contact us. We have an excellent experience in Energy Audit across various diverse Industries including Steel, Cement, Thermal Power Plant, Chemical, FMCG, Edible Oil etc. Contact Details below. We have had the opportunity to serve Industry Leaders across various Industries. If you are interested in receiving our Client Testimonial and Feedback please do contact us today.
Email - info [@] econserve [dot] in
Website - www.econserve.in